Lusben is globally recognized as the definitive ‘One-Stop-Shop’ for all types of luxury yachts refit and repair projects.
The company operates with the very best and modern facilities, expertise, technical know-how, highly skilled and proud craftsmen, capable of handling yachts from 20m to 140m.
First established in 1956 in Viareggio as a re-fitter of the world’s finest yachts, Lusben was the first company to undertake this type of business and the know-how gained over 60 years quickly made it a benchmark in the maritime yacht sector.
Lusben represents the true professional workmanships and excellence in refit and repair of luxury yachts. Over 1000 yachts have found “new life” under skilled hands making the company proud for their hospitality, organization, technology and an extreme focus and attention to details which is the DNA of the corporate philosophy.
The Captain and his esteemed owner can be 100% confident that we and Lusben will manage their project by coordinating highly qualified professionals capable of efficiently realizing any kind of intervention and ensuring works of outmost perfection.
Lusben has always guaranteed quality, punctuality and seriousness and represents the place where the rebirth plan of your own Yacht becomes reality.
We realize and understands the yacht owners dreams and we provide the tools and the solutions in order to make that dream become an reality.
400 MT NEW MARINA LUSBEN VIAREGGIO
2.500 TON NEW SHIP LIFT
350 MT NEW DARSENA MOROSINI LIVORNO
1.800 SQ.M NEW PAINTING SHED
300 TON TRAVEL LIFT
15.000 TON CERTIFICATION OF FLOATING DOCKS
Refit and repair work at Lusben is carried out by the most skilled and experienced specialists in Europe.
Viareggio is recognized as a true centre of excellence for luxury yacht building and the local craftsmen we employ have perfected their unique skills over generations.
Livorno too has long been heralded as a center of excellence for shipbuilding. From the most advanced electrical engineers to the finest carpenters, all our workers are specialists in their
field and dedicated to providing the best possible result, whilst keeping a tight control on costs.
We regularly carry out significant mechanical, structural and interior refits as well as providing the necessary support to upgrade any mechanical or electrical systems.
Our high quality insulation work always meets the strict safety regulations in force for charter class. All refit and repair services are performed with the support of marine engineers and specialist technicians.
- Hauling, launching and maneuvering services
- Carpentry, metalwork and fiberglass laminate repairs
- Replacement of steel
- Mechanical work on all types of engine and transmission
- Repair and installation of all hydraulic and electrical systems
- Repair of any electronic system and installation of new equipment
- Anti-corrosion and anti-osmosis treatments
- Specialist painting with climate-controlled shed (up to 60m)
- New interiors and modifications
Other services available at the yards include:
- Accommodation for Captain & Crew
- ATM and debit card facilities
- Bar/self-service restaurant
- Crew Areas
- Berthing assistance
- Bicycles for crew use
- Diver and underwater services
- Electric vehicles (baggage/goods transport)
- Fire fighting system
- Laundry service
- Meeting room
- Reception and secretarial service
- Security guards at night
- Security service for unscrewed yachts
- Shopping centre
- Storage units for equipment/goods
- Water cleaning service in marina
- Weather forecast system
- Yacht cleaning serviceYacht transfer serviceS
Over the past few years our private port in Viareggio has been re-structured and extended to offer over 15,000m2 of docks and moorings for up to about 40 yachts ranging in length from 20m (66ft) to 65m (213ft).
Livorno has a hard standing area of 125,000m2 and a seafront area of 120,000m2 with the possibility of berthing up to 70 large yachts by the new Darsena Morosini and the historical Molo Mediceo.
The quays have dock service connection for electric power (from 220v to 380v), drinking water and data transmission (internet and telephone) facilities.
Both yards are also covered by a WI-FI network. Berthing assistance is always available, as well as an electrician to connect and disconnect the electrical supply. Waste is collected daily.
The developments also have their own parking, CCTV video surveillance systems, security guards and a concierge service available 24/7.
Lusben also offers clients a global assistance service for the management of their vessels, both private and commercial. We can offer owners and Captains a management support service capable of handling the full spectrum of large yacht operations. In association with the other companies that form our wider Division, we can offer dedicated experts with the specific knowledge and experience to deliver you a custom solution. We can cover everything from financial reporting to the administration of crew. We provide clients with reduced downtime and costs as well as effective management and budget controls, ultimately giving you greater, safety, savings, enjoyment and peace of mind.
- Procedures on arrival and departure
- Customs procedures for loading and unloading materials
- Concierge service for flights, hotels and restaurants
- Car hire and taxi services
- Safety at anchor requirements
- Bodyguard and security services
- Crew recruitment and training
- Medical check-ups and certificates
- Crew Activities
- Vessel administration and accounting
- Crew administration and management
- Technical consulting
- Safety and quality management systems
- Worldwide logistical support
- Insurance and financial services
- Health and safety consulting
Repair and refit work on a luxury yacht must only be executed if one has a clear and comprehensive understanding of the rules, regulations and requirements relating to large yacht operations.
Lusben therefore offers a seamless service for the very important management of all official documents concerning Classification Societies and Flag States.
In addition to the various physical modifications we make to yachts, often their documents must also be amended in order to obtain final certification.
Drawing on the experience of our technical staff, Lusben handles these bureaucratic procedures with all the main Classification Societies and the most common Flag Administrations, relieving Captains and owners of this administrative burden.
Classification Societies set high standards for the design, construction, maintenance and operation of yachts to ensure vessels provide an appropriate level of safety for the people and goods they carry.
We offer detailed knowledge and understanding of these standards as well as insight and expertise with regard to the following regulatory bodies:
- The International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- The International Safety Management Code (ISM)
- The International Ship & Port Facility Security Code (ISPS)
- The International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS)